Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Almond Flour, your new best friend.

Carbs, we all love them and we all NEED them. However, a diet with too many carbs can lead to a flabby untoned body. What changes can you make in your diet to avoid eating carbs that you don't need? Well, I have got one small secret for you. Almond flour! For those of you who love to cook, I am sure many of your ingredients include flour and often times even bread crumbs. Almond flour is a wonderful alternative to both. While flour and bread crumbs are LOADED with carbs, almond flour often times has no more than 6 grams per serving!!! I use it all the time on chicken and in casseroles. By using alternative ingredients like almond flour, I can make sure that the carbs I am eating are good complex carbs. There are three main foods that I use as my source of complex carbs. These foods include sweet potatoes, old fashioned oatmeal, and bananas. Im not saying to never eat other carbs like bread and pasta because we all need to live a little, but limit your breads to the morning and your pastas to one or two times per week. I recommend wheat for both. Almond flour can be found at your local supermarket and is now your new best friend.

1 comment: